It's time for another Holmes update. Since no blog is complete without a photo, we've opted for this choice photo from the Holmes family archives :)This past week, I (Erin) attended the Mormon Scholars in the Humanities conference (http://www.mormonscholars.org/sections/news/files/MSH%20Program%202010%20final.pdf) in Claremont, CA. I went to hear my dad speak on "Marriage and Redemption." I haven't stopped thinking about his ideas since he delivered his paper on Saturday. I look forward to reading the essay when he completes it. The whole conference theme was about families. It was interesting to hear how scholars from different disciplines than my own think about and write about "family."
After the conference, my dad took me to the Norton Simon Museum (here's a link: http://www.nortonsimon.org/collections). It was fantastic! I forget how easily you can get lost in art. We thought we were moving quickly, and ended up spending almost 3 hours!
After the museum closed, we drove to Bakersfield to join my mom, Uncle Doug, Aunt Gayle, cousin Andrew and his wife Yanna. I hadn't been to Bakersfield in 7 years. It was wonderful to be there again. I also appreciated the opportunity to visit with my mom and my dad in the car to and from CA. We talked the whole way there and the whole way back. I missed my family in Springville, but the trip to CA was very rejuvenating for me.
It is Elena speaking! I have been playing with my friend Sophia all week, and I Elena Holmes am getting a goldfish tomorrow! My dad has been telling me..................... I can NOT HAVE A DOG!
but................ thanks to school I will get a goldfish! Now my dad will be typing.
We are very excited to have Erin back home after her extended weekend trip. This, because, not only do we love having her around, but because, we appreciate the contributions to family work she makes. Our hearts go out to all the single parents when one of us goes out of town.
Eva: I want to say, I love you daddy. I love you Crittefer. I love mommy. I love Elena. Preschool is a little bit fun because it has toys, a play house, and we like to do crafts, and we like to do tracing, and we like to do toys, centers, draw, and that's the rest. And they have newspapers and magazines, and lion, and animals in their bathrooms (small ones), and elephants in their next bathroom. That's all. In the front they have a door. In the back... They have chipmunks on a sticker on a really big tree...it's wall paper...Alvin and the Chipmunks. That's all.
This week Christopher has learned to be aggressive. Unfortunately, he is pinching, pulling hair, and biting. He is also practicing many iterations on the word "No." Thus, we are working hard to practice "soft touches" at our house. On a happier note, we hired someone to build a railing on our back porch so Christopher can now safely move back and forth between the backyard and the kitchen (too bad it SNOWED in Provo today!). We are also in the process of finishing a bathroom in our basement, and sheetrocking the rest of the unfinished rooms downstairs. We'll take some photos when it's all done.
After the conference, my dad took me to the Norton Simon Museum (here's a link: http://www.nortonsimon.org/collections). It was fantastic! I forget how easily you can get lost in art. We thought we were moving quickly, and ended up spending almost 3 hours!
After the museum closed, we drove to Bakersfield to join my mom, Uncle Doug, Aunt Gayle, cousin Andrew and his wife Yanna. I hadn't been to Bakersfield in 7 years. It was wonderful to be there again. I also appreciated the opportunity to visit with my mom and my dad in the car to and from CA. We talked the whole way there and the whole way back. I missed my family in Springville, but the trip to CA was very rejuvenating for me.
It is Elena speaking! I have been playing with my friend Sophia all week, and I Elena Holmes am getting a goldfish tomorrow! My dad has been telling me..................... I can NOT HAVE A DOG!
but................ thanks to school I will get a goldfish! Now my dad will be typing.
We are very excited to have Erin back home after her extended weekend trip. This, because, not only do we love having her around, but because, we appreciate the contributions to family work she makes. Our hearts go out to all the single parents when one of us goes out of town.
Eva: I want to say, I love you daddy. I love you Crittefer. I love mommy. I love Elena. Preschool is a little bit fun because it has toys, a play house, and we like to do crafts, and we like to do tracing, and we like to do toys, centers, draw, and that's the rest. And they have newspapers and magazines, and lion, and animals in their bathrooms (small ones), and elephants in their next bathroom. That's all. In the front they have a door. In the back... They have chipmunks on a sticker on a really big tree...it's wall paper...Alvin and the Chipmunks. That's all.
This week Christopher has learned to be aggressive. Unfortunately, he is pinching, pulling hair, and biting. He is also practicing many iterations on the word "No." Thus, we are working hard to practice "soft touches" at our house. On a happier note, we hired someone to build a railing on our back porch so Christopher can now safely move back and forth between the backyard and the kitchen (too bad it SNOWED in Provo today!). We are also in the process of finishing a bathroom in our basement, and sheetrocking the rest of the unfinished rooms downstairs. We'll take some photos when it's all done.
1 comment:
I love that picture- Eva is such a character. I look forward to visiting with you at lunch on Saturday. Sounds like your family is having lots of fun.
Post a Comment